[78-L] Frosty the Snowman

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jan 8 22:12:05 PST 2010

DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
>  "Frosty the Snowman" always bothered me - it just didn't sound right.

I know.  I understand.  It was snow abuse, but times were different back
then.  Fat snowman jokes were part of the culture.  It didn't seem wrong
in those days, but some people like you were more sensitive to the pain
and suffering of rotund snow creatures forced to wear a silly hat and
entertain little kids all the way unto death.  It probably also explains
why it was never recorded by Kate Smith, Vaughn DeLeath, Ella
Fitzgerald, Mildred Bailey, Fats Waller, etc.  I guess it didn't bother
Gene Autry--he even seems to have recorded it twice.

Mike (i feel your pain) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com