[78-L] Kate Smith Stamp

Bill Knowlton udmacon1 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 14:29:42 PST 2010

Never mind the "fat" jokes. What amuses me is that Kate Smith's stamp is being issued on May 1st, Soviet May Day!

Either she's rolling in her grave up at Saranac Lake or her American patriot self is laughing to high heaven at the irony....

Now--if we could only finally accomplish our longtime push to get a stamp for Bill Monroe....

BILL KNOWLTON, "Bluegrass Ramble," Sundays: 9 pm to midnight (EST) over WCNY-FM (91.3) Syracuse, WUNY (89.5) Utica, WJNY (90.9) Watertown NY, also: www.wcny.org udmacon1 at hotmail.com  Since 1973!
PO Box 2400, Syracuse NY 13220-2400. 315-457-6100
Join us Sunday, Jan. 10th for the 37th Bluegrass Ramble Birthday Party with Lake Effect, The Salt Potatoes and the Delaney Brothers! It's free; no reservations or tickets needed. 2-5 pm at 506 Old Liverpool Rd, Liverpool (near Syracuse) NY.

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me