[78-L] Frosty the Snowman

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Fri Jan 8 12:11:14 PST 2010

dl wrote:

One thing on this LP that I don't recall seeing on any CD is "I Wish My Mom
Would Marry Santa Claus"..was that song intended to make an honest woman of her
after the scandal raised by Jimmy Boyd?

There was a scandel raised by "I Saw Mommy Kissing...."??

I thought the whole joke of that song was that the child caught his parents in the act of performing their Christmas Eve duties.

Anyway, the CD I have, (Varese Sarabande 3020665932), does have "I wish my mom would marry Santa Claus", (recorded October 29, 1953), does this predate "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus"?

db

P.S. "Frosty the Snowman" is shown to have been recorded on June 12, 1950.  In fact, all of the more popular Christmas records were recorded between June and August, (I don't really consider "Freddie the Fir Tree", which is almost exactly the same tune as "Frosty" as being a popular item, but it was also recorded in June, '53).  I'm surprised they needed so much time to get a 78 out for the Christmas sales.