[78-L] Victor catalog: 1st Orthophonic discs

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Jan 6 12:09:55 PST 2010

From: Cary Ginell <soundthink at live.com>

> . . . the subject has come up fairly often about which electrical sides
> were paired with acoustic sides. . . .  Many Victor records paired acoustic
> with electrical recordings. This catalog will document all existing
> issues of this nature to that time.   Cary Ginell

REALLY??!!  I thought when this subject came up it was determined that
the only example found was the promotional Canadian issue that Steve
Barr detailed.  I know that Steve has this catalog -- him showing it to
us is in Leah's outtakes -- so I would think he would have gone thru it
to see about American examples.

Can you give us a "preview" of this catalog by giving us some examples
of these mixed issues mentioned in it?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com