[78-L] How vinyl is produced..from a sapphire supremacist group!

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Jan 4 22:32:26 PST 2010

David has the correct answer, but there is one instance where they did
use diamond as a recording stylus.  The embossing stylus for uncoated
aluminum was a diamond ball.  Because it did not cut the aluminum but
embossed or knurled it, the diamond was a good material because it would
not need resharpening like a cutting stylus would.  The fact that so
much of this was correct with the usage of correct terminology that we
have promoted on this list makes me wonder if one of these truly evil
people is reading OUR list!!  (If you dare look at some of the other
threads on that message board you will see what I mean -- but you really
don't need to be reading that bilge.)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com