[78-L] Command

Bo Haufman bo.haufman at telia.com
Mon Jan 4 04:29:47 PST 2010

Hello, and Happy New Year !

I have been recommended to join this group by Glenn Longwell.

In my collection of 78s I have one that is puzzling me:

Command Records # 101

Don't Blame Me (01 A)/Bakiff (05 a)

by The Al Williams Octette

On "Don't Blame Me" a solo is by Eugene 'Heads' Adams according to the label.

Bakiff is composed by Juan Tizol (on record spelled Juantijol). Tizol is definitely playing a solo.

Al Williams is a pianoplayer and appeared with Johnn Hodges on some recordings.

I would like to know a little about the label Command but most of all if someone can tell me when the recording was done and the names of the guys in the octette. Nothing is to be found in Rust or Jepsen.

Can anyone of you out there enlighten me ?

Best wishes,
Bo Haufman
Stockholm
Sweden