[78-L] Top Banana on TCM Mon afternoon

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jan 3 22:21:42 PST 2010

Turner Classic Movies is airing Phil Silvers' "Top Banana" at 2:30-4:15
PM Eastern, Mon Jan 4.  I have Broadway cast album on all three speeds
on Capitol, but this is an even rarer chance to see the movie.  It's
about a Milton Berle/Sid Caesar-type TV star at the start of modern TV,
and following it TCM is airing my favorite movie about this era, My
Favorite Year at 4:15-6:00.  That's the movie where Peter O'Toole's
character proclaims "I'm not an actor, I'm a Movie Star!"

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com