[78-L] Elvis 78

Matthew Duncan recordgeek334578 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 3 19:20:57 PST 2010

Yeah...I must agree ... most Elvis collectors who collect 78s aswell as the other stuff are doing more than listening to the music ...it's about having everything....dozens of copies of the same thing....the 78 and 45 from say...1956 then the 1959 45 with label design change...then 1963 one with label design change...then the subsequent reissues of which there might be ten or twelve......BUT....they have already got the original(s)??!!!?!!!!

I collect early Elvis records and many many other Rock n Roll artists but do so on 45rpm wherever possible...things that came out on 78 only then that is what I will have but 1954 onwards most 78s had a 45 equivalent...not all but most so this is pretty easy to aim for....I am trying to keep my 78 collection to c.1900-1949 and my 45s to c.1950 to 1965 as far as I can.....with odd exceptions...

Each to their own I guess...

Matthew.