[78-L] Elvis 78

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Jan 3 17:56:24 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Likely doesn't exist on 78 in the US but possibly still in Canada.
> dl
> Matthew Duncan wrote:
>> Hi all
>> Selling off some surplus 78s of mine on Ebay at the moment and this
>> one...
>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200423382038&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
>> ...by Elvis must be even rarer on a US 78rpm pressing??
>> Always wondered as UK 78 sales slumped in '58 and in '59 and '60 many
>> discs were special order only and US was far ahead of the UK in all
>> this...

Anybody know the North American catalog number of this?!

RCA(C) continued to press 78's into early 1960; I forget the artist & title,
but I own
an RCA Victor 78 with a "K" prefixed matrix number (thus 1960!). I also own
couple of VERY late Elvis 78's (can't recall the titles, though?!). For
whatever
reason, I dimly recall having "...Stung" on 78...?!

Steven C. Barr