[78-L] Insurance

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 3 14:59:11 PST 2010

Interesting. I've never claimed through P**pal, only through AMEX which is
linked to my account. I had a similar instance, someone in North Ontario
selling transcriptions...someone apologized on her behalf at one point, citing
family or personal difficulties, but there were no further replies, no further
sales, she disappeared from eBay and AMEX reimbursed me and said they'd try and
go after the seller (obviously they got no further than I did).

A few other instances of broken records resulted in immediate refunds, while
others were ignored..those sellers were never visited by me again. One moron
accused me of buying records and taping them and returning them (in fact I did
not return them, and they're still here, broken). Another imbecile claimed that
I didn't know what I was talking about because all his friends agreed that the
LPs I returned (which weren't fit to put on the wall, let alone try and play)
sounded fine. That was when I stopped looking at eBay entirely. I now hear from
a lot of dealers who refuse to list there anymore, citing ridiculous limits on
shipping costs..in the UK I understand, shipping cost has to be included in the
selling price.

dl