[78-L] Insurance

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sun Jan 3 14:46:45 PST 2010

I had an instance about 4 or 5 years ago where I ordered a couple of sets on e-bay and paid for them, (as I always do), as soon as I had won them.  These sets never arrived and all e-mails were ignored.  I finally contacted pay pal and was re-imbursed.  Several weeks later the seller contacted me and apologized for not sending the items, telling me something about a death in the family or whatever.  She asked me to pay for them again and she would send them to me.  I told her to ship them to me and I would pay for them as soon as they arrived, (pointing out that I had a 100% rating and was reliable).  She refused.  She lived in Spokane, Washington, and as I was passing by her front door a couple of weeks later I paid her a visit.  The people living there told me she had moved away months ago and that many people had been contacting the new owners about undelivered items.  Although Pay Pal did cover the amount, they did point out that this was
 the only claim I could make for a certain period - I think it was a year.

db