[78-L] Question about insurance

Malcolm - Venerable Music malcolm at venerablemusic.com
Sun Jan 3 11:44:06 PST 2010

Thanks Roger, that's good to know! I was wondering how they determined if a
package was poorly packed as it would either reside with the buyer or seller
and the insurance folks are behind a desk somewhere in 1-800-ask-usps land?
Did you ever have to bring/send the box somewhere for inspection?

In every case (as a seller) that I have had a customer tell me that a record
arrived broken I just went ahead and sent the refund out of my pocket (but
it has never been for more than a $70-$80 record or so). Some were even
insured, I just began with the process and ended up quitting, figuring my
time was worth more - especially if they always could just deny me at the
end.

In every case as a buyer (except the previous one mentioned), I've had
similar reactions from sellers - have yet to be really burned, but I figure
my time will come - ha!

Malcolm

Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com/
78rpm Auctions - http://www.vmauctions.com/