[78-L] STEREO<<<<>>>>PHONIC SOUNDDDDDDD ^

martha mlk402 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 1 21:12:18 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----

> Sound in cinema nowadays is more for effect than for reality.

 And never was (and I know this is slightly different from what you mean,
but: )  In only one movie that I can recall was anything like "reality"
depicted after someone was shot :  in The Public Enemy, when Tom Powers
(Cagney) gets revenge for his buddy's murder & shoots up a meeting of the
rival gang -  the resulting screams and cries were never repeated.   Every
other movie = you get shot and quietly lay down & croak, without even blood
for the most part.