[78-L] STEREO<<<<>>>>PHONIC SOUNDDDDDDD ^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 1 20:02:07 PST 2010

We discussed wide stereo sound on movies shown on TV a couple of years ago, and
I cited Mister Roberts as having audio that bounced all over the place. Great
in a theater, rotten on television. I just found one that was worse..The Left
Hand of God, which TCM ran the other night. Nice wide 16:9 CinemaScope, great
sound on the music, ludicrous panpotting on the voices..following the
characters as they moved from the side to the center, following them when the
angle changed, and even spreading them out wide when Bogie and Tierney were in
the middle of the shot.