[78-L] 78 album covers

Bertrand CHAUMELLE chaumelle at orange.fr
Tue Dec 29 10:27:52 PST 2009

I have "Symposium of Swing" on the Gramophone (French label) in the
imported British album (with seceral photos on the front and on the
back).

But, believe it or not, a French artist, André Girard did the first
illustrated album, "Un mois de vacances", in 1933 for Mireille and Jean
Sablon (a musical comedy). What's more, in 1937, some single Charles
Trenet records were sold in illustrated sleeves, too: "La polka du
roi", and so on...

BC