[78-L] Buddy Moreno

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 27 19:39:37 PST 2009

Taylor Bowie wrote:
> Many thanks,  Kristjan.  Sometimes I forget how little of what is on line
> will turn up on a typical Google or other search.   There was a little bit
> on NPR just today about that fact,  tossing out the claim that only about 1%
> of what is actually on line will turn up on a search.  Even if it's only
> 50%,  that means there's a lot of hidden information out there.
>
> You guys (men and women) on this list have been so helpful to me so many
> times with both information and with directions to various web sites.  I am
> very grateful for all your interest and knowledge.

The secret is where to put the quotes and what to write in the search
line. Often, one search will give evidence to search on a deeper plane.
For instance, my first search was for "Buddy Moreno". Note the quotes.
This forces Google to look only for sites containing the 2 words
together. I then found a site
http://www.jazzconnectionmag.com/buddy_moreno_article_october_2001.htm
where I read,
"For the past five years Moreno has hosted a live jazz-big band program
on Saturday afternoons  from 4-7 p.m. (Central Time) over WSIE-FM
(88.7), a 50,000 watt, National Public Radio, 24-hour jazz station at
Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville, which serves the St. Louis
region." Though the article is older, it is something to go on.

Now I could search even deeper using '"Buddy Moreno" WSIE'.
Now I see that there is a radio show on WSIE that is called the "Buddy
Moreno Show". Though it is hosted by someone else, I am willing to bet
that an email to the station will give you the info you need.
http://www.siue.edu/wsie/programming_schedule.shtml

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.