[78-L] Shopping in places other than record stores^

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Sat Dec 26 10:54:13 PST 2009

>They must have taken a hint from Topps baseball cards, which
>packaged packs of cards in the same way. On the top and bottom would
>be Bob Gibson and Mickey Mantle, but in the middle would be guys
>like Choo Choo Coleman or Pumpsie Green.
>
>Cary Ginell

At least Pumpsie Green is a historically significant figure - he was
the first black ballplayer on the last major league team to integrate
(the Red Sox). Also, he lives in my home town, so if you have any
Pumpsie Green cards left from your childhood I can try to get him to
autograph it for you.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/