[78-L] Shopping in places other than record stores^

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 26 09:14:25 PST 2009

At 17:08 26/12/2009, CG wrote:

>They must have taken a hint from Topps baseball cards, which
>packaged packs of cards in the same way. On the top and bottom would
>be Bob Gibson and Mickey Mantle, but in the middle would be guys
>like Choo Choo Coleman or Pumpsie Green.

I think they usually came in generic sleeves from the distributor,
who I think was Transamerica, cause I recall a red logo in the upper
corner on an otherwise plain white sleeve.

Of course, who can forget, "20 Top Hits as performed by the Sound
Effects", or even worse, the group known as 'The Original Artists".
To be sure, I don't know if anyone ever employed that ruse, but I do wonder!

Hey -- I'm president of the Pumpsie Green fan club!