[78-L] fwd: Marsalis makes the world safe for pure jazz^

buster busterdog at mac.com
Fri Dec 25 23:06:03 PST 2009

Years ago I left work early to get home in time to prepare to see Sun
Ra perform in Berkeley CA. I exited the freeway in Berkeley to see a
couple of guys walking down the street, one in full Egyptian/Saturnian
fusion regalia, at 4 in the afternoon.

I pulled over, and jumped out to ask "Sun Ra!  What are you doing?".
He replied that they sought a place where lamb was prepared "properly"
and so I directed them to Steve the Greek's Souvlaki. The show later
that evening was wonderful.

Sonny was the real deal.