[78-L] fwd: Marsalis makes the world safe for pure jazz^

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 14:43:59 PST 2009

Somewhere I have a LP with an Albert Ayler live cut on it called
'Ghosts'....it sounded like seven minutes of the kind of incidental sounds I
got on tape when I was recording a big band live in 1982 that my dad played
in, when musicians were just showing up, and warming up their instruments
within the 10 or 15 minutes before the first set began....