[78-L] Shopping in places other than record stores

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 23 14:59:56 PST 2009

Value Village gets records..that's a chain of thrift stores (all stuff is
donated and a lot of it is unsold store stock) around Ontario. But they stick
the price tags right on the 78s. Salvation Army and Goodwill stores around here
tend to think they have a fortune sitting under them and price them too high.
Around Buffalo and Niagara Falls, records are rarely over $1 and at two Sally
Anns they're 4/$1.

I've just come from a thrift store around the corner where everything is "buy
one, second item is free". LPs are 99 cents and there are a couple of
turntables including a 3-speed Garrard changer, the one with the white tone
arm. Probably ten bucks. I should buy it and get the 4-slice toaster free (I
just picked up some mugs my wife liked and since there were only 5 I needed a
6th item and found a really neat 10-ounce glass with an enraged Donald Duck on it).

This was where I bought that Peter Leschenko LP the other day..that still
stands as my worst sounding reissue, believe me.

dl