[78-L] Gradual pitch shifting, was Pitch shifting

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Wed Dec 23 00:37:36 PST 2009

>Joe Salerno responded by suggesting the DCart (Diamond
>Cut Audio Restoration Tools) software is capable of doing this.
>I have had no hands-on experience with DCart, so I can't
>comment, but I would question whether the quality could be
>very good if the rage of necessary correction was very large.
>
>Doug

Generally, changing the pitch of a recording without changing the
tempo can introduce a lot of distortion. This is also true of
changing the tempo without changing the pitch. Changing the pitch and
tempo the same amount usually doesn't introduce audible distortion. I
wouldn't expect this to be any different just because the amount of
change increases (or decreases) gradually over the course of the recording.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/