[78-L] Wow!

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 22 19:28:56 PST 2009

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:
> Michael Biel wrote:
>
>> Are you working off of the discs or tape dubs of the discs?  Are those
>> cuts and the wow on the discs?
>>

> I have a CD with what seem to be transcriptions taken first to tape. The
> sound quality is right here, but there is considerable wow, nearly an
> 1/8th tone.
> I will place an MP3 in the archives section tonight for you to listen to.

Here it is. Nice, except...

I have done a pib of study on this and though my experience is limited,
wow looks to be a tough nut to crack. there was a discussion I read
somewhere that lead to the conclusion that the file could be given
linear tags, then the rate of change calculated with a signal located
within the file. The rate of fluctuation and its period could then be
applied to making the tag spacing come into synchronization with signal
variation. They claim there is one company that has succeeded,
http://www.triggertone.com/term/Clarity%E2%84%A2_Audio_Restoration_by_Plangent_Processes
no details.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)