[78-L] Pop and Jazz Singers

Bud Black banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Mon Dec 21 14:17:35 PST 2009

What?  No Sid Gary?

Bud

-------Original Message-------

From: simmonssomer
Date: 12/21/09 11:35:54
To: 78-L Mail List
Subject: [78-L] Pop and Jazz Singers

Here we go then. A year-end list of............
The Best of The Male Pop and Jazz Singers on  our 78's.

Who has been left off.
Who should be left off?
(Does anyone care?)

Bing Crosby                   Rudy Vallee
Al Bowlly                       Al Jolson
Buddy Clark                  Perry Como
Louis Armstrong            Smith Ballew
Fred Astaire                  Billy Jones
Nat Cole                       Elmer Feldkamp
Jimmy Rushing               Dick Robertson
David Allyn                   Eddie Howard
Chick Bullock               Skinny Ennis
Tony Bennett                Woody Herman
Frank Sinatra
Matt Dennis                  Jack Leonard
Elvis Presley                 Dick Haymes
Jack Teagarden
                                   (The blank spaces, mercifully,  were
Carmen Lombardo, Ozzie Nelson and Frankie Trumbauer.)
Mel Torme
Fats Waller
Joe Williams
Cliff Edwards