[78-L] World 1920s Records

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Mon Dec 21 09:37:08 PST 2009

>Jeff, what do you and Sound Forge mean?  From the daze of numbers below it
>sounds like you are shifting the pitch, and then making an adjustment to the
>mechanical rotational speed of the record.

As I explained in my preceding message, Pitch Shift in Sound Forge is
not the correct tool for Jamie's needs. He should use Pitch Bend.

I agree that the name "Pitch Shift" for speeding up or slowing down a
recording is confusing. Actually, Sound Forge uses the same tool both
to change the speed of a recording and to adjust the pitch without
changing the speed (there's a "Preserve Duration" option that makes
it do the latter). But when I'm explaining how to use a piece of
software, I need to use the terminology of the software to avoid confusion.

I'm sorry that I didn't understand what Jamie needed in the first
place. I hope I've cleared up any confusion.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/