[78-L] David Lennick really knows how to pack 78's for shipment!!!!

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 19 08:30:02 PST 2009

Michael Biel wrote:
> Don Chichester wrote:
>>> I found the complete (Top Ten) set one day while in high school--at
>>> a St. Vincent de Paul thrift store. Are there any of these stores left?
> From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
>> There's a Vinnie's on Main Street in Buffalo.
>> I still find decent stuff there.  dl
>
> Where do you find the indecent stuff?

A retired military gent in Regina contacted me a couple of years ago about
disposing of his father's collection. He wanted some of them transferred..and
those turned out to be the party records. Sir, yes sir!

> I used to find a lot of party records in churches.  Really.  There used
> to be an annual co-op sale with a large church in each of Wilmette,
> Winettka, and Kennelworth, Ill.  They had shuttle buses between all
> three and the el.  They had TONS of records in the late 60s and early
> 70s, and on one day I found about 75 party records -- 50 in one church
> alone!

Best record I ever found at a church sale was a Tammy Faye Bakker LP, the week
the Jim Bakker scandal had blown open. One song on it was "If Life Hands You A
Lemon (Start Making Lemonade)"..I got that onto my late night CBC program the
next night. Nobody else had anything by her (that they'd admit to owning).