[78-L] ^Colored vinyl records

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Dec 19 01:04:42 PST 2009

From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>

From: "Steven C. Barr" <stevenc at interlinks.net>
> The whole concept of defining "success" in financial terms is a
> 21st-century idea!!

Not only is this a stupid and off-topic reaction to the original
statement -- nobody ever implied that the person was a "success" or not
-- it happens itself to be a rather odd and wildly inaccurate
pronouncement.  Using wealth as a measure of success is THOUSANDS of
years old.  Did you mean 21st-century B.C.??

> Sadly, we are going to see western civilization dissolve into an
> XXI-Jahrhundert chase of "I GOT MORE MONEY THAN YOU GOT, ARSEHOLE!!!}

This is NEW????????

> To paraphrase the unknown quote...Money isn't everything, but it
> is way ahead of everything else...!!!?

I thought you measured "success" in the amount of 78s a person had in
their milk crates!

> I still hope to see some damphool stranded on a desert (Sahara) with
> nothing but a large bag of currency!  Yup...?!?!?!  Steven C. Barr

And what would YOU plan on doing if you found yourself stranded in the
Sahara desert with nothing but milk crates full of (melting)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com