[78-L] Soundies

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 18 15:28:14 PST 2009

Some years back, I bought a collection of LPs and videotapes that had been
donated to a church..had to take everything, even though more than half the LPs
were things I already had. But among the tapes were 4 MCA Home Videos of
SWING--The Best of the Big Bands, volumes 1-4. Also a number of unbranded tapes
of big band material including two labelled "The Soundies, 1941-1946" Parts 1 &
2 and one labelled "Soundies and early TV Transcriptions". No idea of the
source and as I recall, these weren't done in HiFi.

dl