[78-L] Colored vinyl records

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 18 14:31:20 PST 2009

And for no reason anybody could think of, CBS Records of Canada issued an LP by
Andrew Davis and the Toronto Symphony Orchestra on orange vinyl (Janacek's
"Cunning Little Vixen" Suite).

As for My Fair Lady, Mike is right and not right..it's fuchsia.

Other colored vinyl:

PETER AND THE WOLF with David Bowie..green, with a red label. Yich.

45s I have on hand (some of them are Canadian):

Desmond Child and Rouge: Our Love is Insane (Capitol P4669, DJ) mauve splash
Dominic Troiano: Savour the Flavour (Capitol P72792, DJ) white, bit of splash
E. Dee Gold, Canadian pianist: Hustle and Bustle (RCA PB 50511) gold, transparent
Bob Welch: Sentimental Lady (Capitol 4479, promo) cherry red, transparent
Lisa dal Bello: Pretty Girls (Talisman TALI-UF-NV-5, promo) red, transparent
Bonnie Tyler: If I Sing You a Love Song (RCA 11349, picture sleeve) gold,
transparent
Space Project: Conquest of the Stars (RCA JB 50418, promo) gold, transparent
Elvis: Teddy Bear/Puppet on a String (RCA 1978 reissue, picture sleeve) dark
green, transparent
Elvis: My way/America (RCA 11165) red, transparent

A number of the red vinyl LPs I mentioned earlier may have all come from the
same plant, Allied Records. Some of their own 78s and LPs were on yellow vinyl
as I recall.