[78-L] The Christmas Songs

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 18 09:18:04 PST 2009

Okay, if it was from 1958 it would definitely have been on 78 in Canada..I
didn't list it because it didn't chart until '60. The number (30776) is well
within the 78 range and Ruppli lists it, b/w Papa Noel. (Most of Brenda Lee's
recordings are in the "Nashville" section of the Decca Books..first time I've
ever looked through those pages!)

Since this list was only published songs and omitted traditional ones, it
missed one of the most played Christmas records of all..originally on 78 and
not considered a Christmas record at all until one third of one of the sides
was issued as a single in the early 70s, the Singing Dogs' "Jingle Bells".

dl