[78-L] Portable recording equipment...

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Dec 16 20:13:36 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <fnarf at comcast.net>
> Not just indexed. For sixty bucks you can get every issue of Nat Geo --
> 120 years worth -- on DVD-ROM (similar to the New Yorker complete edition
> that came out a few years ago). Every page, every article, every photo,
> every ad, all completely searchable.
> I love the look of the color printing in my old 40s and 50s issues, but
> having it all at my fingertips -- sounds pretty good to me.

1) do the digital versions include all the pages of ads? As I recall, those
can sometimes be
even more interesting than the articles...!

2) There are probablyMILLIONS of old "Geographics" out there...seems like
everyone
who subscribed kept EVERY copy, and eventually gave them to the local thrift
store
(or the folks settling the estate did...?!). Now ALL of those are
effectively useless
(see #1 above, though!) in one fell swoop!

Steven C. Barr