[78-L] The reluctant downloader

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue Dec 15 22:32:22 PST 2009

This is an article by Jeremy Eichler, a columnist with the New York Times. I found it very insightful, wistful, and more than just a bit sad. Every collector on this list will understand and value his/her collection even more after reading it. Also - please forgive his misstatement that the 78 era ended with World War II. Probably a third of my 78 collection comes from after this period. Anyway, read and enjoy.

Cary Ginell

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2009/12/13/what_a_collector_loses_and_gains_in_the_age_of_music_downloading/