[78-L] Warner "Big Band" set - Go watch it! <vbg>

Jeff Austin jaustin214 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 17:15:52 PST 2009

Perhaps I should have been more specific:  I am led to believe, by an informed and physic-minded source, that the initial Electrola straight black arms exerted significantly more mass against the groove.  The more elaborate arm assembly on other models was apparently a little better balanced.  I have no reason to disbelieve him.  In playing my machine (before a plumbing catastrophe befell it), I just stuck to the stack of not-unusual, VG and downward dance and vocal stuff that I'd play on any acoustic phono.

I was terribly fond of my RE-45, which was in really exceptional condition until the ceiling, and a substantial amount of water came down on it.  A cautionary tale:  never leave the house.

J.