[78-L] Warner "Big Band" set - Go watch it! <vbg>

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Dec 14 21:29:56 PST 2009

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:
>> My wife and I get most our old movies at the library...for free.
>> Many, many with great dance bands in them.

"the library" is not a universally available source of old movies.

>> BTW, has anyone done a database of old movies and the bands therein?

> "Jazz In The Movies" comes in handy..it identified a tune played
> by the Jimmy Dorsey band that someone had been asking about.  dl

For the great unwashed, David is referring to a pair of books written by
David Meeker.  There were two editions, and Meeker numbered the films.
The numbers given to the films in the second edition do not match those
he established in the first.  Most of us who were in the Nostalgia Book
Club have those books.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com