[78-L] Warner "Big Band" set - Go watch it! <vbg>

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Dec 14 20:20:41 PST 2009

Steve Ramm wrote:
>> Based on the TVs going out of Best Buy and Costcos MOST folks
>> are not using their PC for primarily watching DVDS. So watch
>> it on a TV or buy a new DVD player

Strange comment from someone who proudly proclaims the age of his 20
year old TV set!  Considering that I am sitting in front of Leah's two
LCD wide-screen computer monitors of 22 and 25-inch sizes (purchased to
do her documentary) and the TVs across the room are two standard 3x4
shape Cathode Ray Tube TVs of 13 and 25 inch size, we get better
pictures on her computer monitors. And fortunately the discs DO play on
both her computers, a PC and a MAC.

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Being an old-fashioned guy, I have no more desire to watch DVDs on
> my computer screen (sitting upright at an office desk, looking down
> at a 19-inch screen) than I do to watch episodes of TV programs on
> a 2-inch display on my cellphone.

It just so happens that the most comfortable chairs in both Leah's
apartment and my house are the computer chairs!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com