[78-L] Dance lessons

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Dec 12 10:39:02 PST 2009

I may have already mentioned these,  but I have a little run of Arthur
Murray dance lesson records on Buff Bluebird from October of 1934.  I'm sure
David can remind me of the band,  although they receive no label credit.  I
think it might be directed by Ken MacComber,  a very capable arranger of
stocks as far back as the 20s.  I think he also wrote for Ben Bernie.

The band on these is pretty jazzy and they play all kinds of strange tunes
to illustrate the different dance steps.

Taylor