[78-L] Chad Mitchell record^

Robert Shirer rshirer at neb.rr.com
Fri Dec 11 21:08:21 PST 2009

The "Marvelous Toy" was one of the great early Tom Paxton songs.  He
asserted that he wrote it while in clerk-typist training in the US army.  It
was recorded by him, the Chad Mitchell Trio, Peter, Paul and Mary (Mommy),
and many others. I can assert that it always worked with little kids, having
performed it for my own and for many others each time I was nudged out of
retirement to play for other peoples' little ones.  Zip, Bob and Whrrrr.
Cheers.
Bob Shirer