[78-L] The Christmas Songs

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Dec 11 16:05:51 PST 2009

We can all benefit good causes in our own way,  without having to listen to
musical muck!

Christmas also reminds me of the Decca record of The Littlest Angel,  and...

This all reminds me of a story I heard from an LA friend with some show biz
ties.  It may or may not be true,  but it should be true in any case.

Seems that Loretta Young was very strict on the set of her TV show about any
cast or crew member using bad language.  At the beginning of the first
rehearsal or run-through for each show,  she would repeat her instructions
to the assembled cast and crew,  and remind them that if any of them used a
bad word or profanity that they would have to drop fifty cents into a
charity box which she kept handy.

One time there was a guest actor on the show who stood with the rest and
listened to Loretta's speech.  When she was through,  he reached in his
wallet and said   "OK,  Loretta,  here's ten bucks.  Now fuck off."

Taylor