[78-L] Radio-influenced recordings

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Dec 10 11:33:15 PST 2009

Through the Courtesy of Love,  1936,  has a radio theme....the melody was
stolen almost note-for-note when it became Jackie Gleason's theme Melancholy
Serenade.

There is a brilliant Richard Himber record of it on Victor.  I know Bill
Challis was writing for Himber in that period,  and I wonder if it's his
arrangement.  It is terrific.

Taylor