[78-L] three riddles

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 7 02:28:49 PST 2009

Jan Hovers wrote:
I am trying to find the date of a Soviet-popular semi-jazz recording
which was released on the official state-label. The label is printed in
Russian writing. According to a Russian lady, who helped me in this
matter, the translation reads:

Quick Dance (A. Cfasman) - Orchestra conducted by A. Cfasman - Leningrad
Factory - #3 - 6376/4 - ?-0386 - rocy5289-50 - Ministry of culture of
the USSR

I am trying to locate the recording date and place. Can anyone direct me
to a newsgroup that might be more specialized on Soviet 78’s? Or do you
know more about it yourself? If you like you can see the actual label on
my website: http://www.78rpm.hovers.nl/78toerenE7.htm (third label from
the top). It might be an interesting riddle.
==================
This is from Lord 10.0:

Alexander Tsfasman (Russian)
[T5954-10]
Orkestr Pod Upr. A.N. Tsfasman:
Mikhail Frumkin, Nikolai Butchkin (tp) Anatolij Milovidov, Ivan
Klutschinsky (tb) Alexander Vasiliev (ts) Ilya Khazanovsky (ts,as,cl)
Alexandr N. "Bob" Tsfasman (p,arr,ldr) Anatolij Vonsovic (g) if any,
Mikhail Landsmann (vln) and/or Israel Robel (vln) Benek Sklenarik (b)
Ivan Bachejev (d) Alexandr N. "Bob" Tsfasman (arr)
poss. Leningrad, Russia, c. mid 1937
6376/4    The sound of dance    SSSR (Rus)G-6376, Melodija (Rus)36589/90,
         Harlequin (E)HQ2012
Note: Harlequin (E)HQ2012 titled "Jazz hot dance in Russia, Vol.3" - see
various sessions to November 15, 1944 for more titles; rest of LP by others.

I have the Harlequin LP.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4665 (20091206) __________

http://www.eset.com