[78-L] Rug Cutter's Swing question

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Sun Dec 6 15:08:22 PST 2009

Lord ver. 6.0 lists Rug Cutter Swing by Henry "Red" Allen on Perfect in 1934.  I assume that this is the same song listed as Rug Cutter's Swing for other artists, including Fletcher Henderson 1934 and Glenn Miller 1940.  The Red Allen listing is the only one which doesn't use the possessive form of the title.  I don't have any of the recordings of the song listed in Lord and would appreciate if someone could confirm that the Red Allen recording is the same tune as all the others.

Art