[78-L] 14 inch Victor Special DeLuxe

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 5 06:02:28 PST 2009

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:
> Just because it is easy to set the speed, doesn't mean he did it. Or
> that he has any perception of pitch or time. Just because he is a
> collector doesn't mean he has that good of musical perception.
>
> "So easy a cave man can do it". Just like programming a VCR...
>
> I believe that bands prefer keys with flats in them, perhaps because
> they have so many instruments written in B flat or E-flat. Or those keys
> just lie easy under the hand. so to speak.
>
> So E-flat would be a good key, C not so much...

I play oboe and flute. The main reason we like these keys is because the
fingerings are easier to reach and the ranges of many songs are written
so make the notes stay within the comfortable ranges of the varied
instruments found in most bands, particularly trills and fast passages.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.