[78-L] 14 inch Victor Special DeLuxe

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Dec 3 14:17:55 PST 2009

As ususal, most of the postings (except Martha's)  ignored the actual
question of the posting: the speed of playback of the record and the key
it is playing in. Her electronic speed correction sounds pretty good to
me.  But can the MUSICIANS in this group check the keys that the
recording on the video and in this correction are playing and see which
is more correct.  What key was the original written in?  What key would
a concert band play it in?  Are the brass band instruments being played
in a key appropriate to the instruments?   We'll talk sound quality some
other time.  I'm ONLY concerned with the speed and pitch of the
playbacks now.  (By the way, in the machine forum, the disc owner is not
Neophone, he just copied a posting.  The guy's name is Doug and he calls
himself Fellow Collector.)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com