[78-L] Scott Robinson's contrabass sax

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu Dec 3 10:54:13 PST 2009

I have a piece of sheet music on the wall in my office here of the Six Brown Brothers. It's from 1921 - song is "Finders is Keepers (and I Found You)" but the fascinating thing is that each of the members of the group is holding a different sized saxophone. All are dressed in clown outfits, with in blackface. The saxes get progressively bigger as you go from left to right: soprano, alto, tenor, baritone, bass, and contra bass. Neat picture.

Cary Ginell