[78-L] Close the door, Richard

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 12:53:02 PST 2009

I heard it via YouTube.  I don't doubt it would have likely offended some
people then, between a couple of 'damn's and (maybe) that bit about the
'fine little chick....and the blue lights are on....and my wife's down in
Birmingham, Alabama....'.  No doubt it went over a treat in juke joints
then,  but back then, when even the word pregnant was a giant no-no on a par
with f*** today, this wasn't going to work on radio.