[78-L] Interesting article about remastering and sound restoration for the Mosaic's Artie Shaw Box Set

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Fri Nov 20 14:34:53 PST 2009

Well, Mr. Meyer looks moody and dramatic enough in his rather scary photo to have charmed all those parts out of them just by opening his shirt another button or two.

I'm surprised to see pictures of him handling the metal parts without any kind of gloves on, especially seeing how much product he's got in his hair.

What exactly does a stylus designed to play a negative-grooved (i.e., raised) "father" look like? Vee-shaped? How does that work?