[78-L] Unexpected sexy LP

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Nov 19 23:17:19 PST 2009

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> That reprobate Mr. Biel will probably know the answer to this one
> ..were all pressings of the Design LP "Tijuana Christmas" by The
> Border Brass pressed on gold plastic with a cheesecake photo in
> the vinyl on side 2? This is an album I've ignored hundreds of
> times over the years but picked up today only because it DIDN'T
> have a cover and the disc, in just a paper sleeve, looked a bit unusual.

Design?????!!!!!  That schlock grocery store label???  You have GOT to
be kidding.

Now, just when do we see the "design" on side two of the Design record?

Also, it turns out that George Garabedian also put out two volumes of
albums with this title on Mark 56 for Phillips 66 gasoline with a
different cover.  George did a bunch of picture discs, so maybe this is
the connection.  And I see two different rear covers of the Design LP.
None of the places with copies mention anything GOOD about the disc
itself.

Mike (confirmed reprobate and proud of it) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com