[78-L] 78rpm Audiodisc acetate with japanese(?) titles/artist credits

Matthew Duncan duncdude2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 14:32:43 PST 2009

Hi all

I have been playing today a record that I have owned a little over a year.

It is a 10 inch metal acetate with black vinyl coating made by Audiodisc and I think it is late 40s/early 50s as this is the vintage of the records it came with and is 78rpm.

Both sides contain what sounds like oriental classical music and I am fascinated by it mainly as it is great music but also as it is mysterious...I don't know what it is...

Both sides have what looks like Japanese writing in fountain pen on the credits area of the yellow label.

I have no scanner at present but have drawn the lettering and have saved them as bitmap files.

Perhaps someone with the relevant knowledge could assist me in identifying what is on this disc??

Please contact off list if you could help.

I will attempt to paste a link to the pics into this email, failing that please use the email address here.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Matthew
duncdude2000 at yahoo.com