[78-L] Mystery Recording Help...

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Nov 13 12:58:55 PST 2009

From: Franz Kunst <flkunst at gmail.com>
> FWIW I have a couple of 12" lacquers of Morton's LC recordings.
> They have blank red labels. Assuming they are Circle dubs too,
> but I'm curious as to why someone would have bothered. Were the
> Circles out of print, or just expensive?

Yes and yes. They were numbered limited edition which I believe had to
be bought by subscription.  Look at that ebay listing I mentioned in
another post:

http://cgi.ebay.com/78-JELLY-ROLL-MORTON-THE-SAGA-OF-MY-JELLY-LORD-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ160377800890QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item25574308ba

> Say, is that the sound of black boots kicking down my door?   Franz

Yes. (although RIAA lawyers usually wear wingtips.)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbuiel.com