[78-L] David Stone Martin

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Fri Nov 13 12:21:11 PST 2009

DSM also did art for Asch album set A-345 - Burl Ives, a copy of which I turned up at an estate last Sunday.  Coincidentally, a friend of mine in Manhattan -- into music, but not record collecting -- had called me saying that her mom had left her some records and she wanted to know what to do with them.  As she  lives only a few blocks from where the NY Ellington Society holds its monthly meetings, I arranged to visit her this past Wednesday.  Turned out to be a relatively small quantity of LPs, some classical, some show and some other things, mostly latter-1950s and 1960s.  The only 78s were those in the Burl Ives set A-345, but the cover of her set had a Gjon Mili photo on the cover.  Not sure which is the earlier edition.  Or were they, perhaps, issued, simultaneously?  Does any one know?

Art